About Antonio Mascarenhas
- Academic Level Master’s Degree
- Age* 53 - 57 Years
- Gender Male
- Industry* Other
- Please tell us what type of passport you have and the country it is from* Portuguese Passport From Portugal
- Is your passport valid?* Yes
- Your Nationality* Portuguese
Highly experienced and passionate finance professional with a strong background performing senior-level leadership and guiding accounting operations. Possesses a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of accounting and financial planning. Execute diverse accounting projects, implementing shared services and oversee finance transitions.
Areas of expertise:
|§ Financial Planning and Analysis||§ Financial Modeling & Valuation||§ Budgeting and Variance Analysis|
|§ Profit and Loss Assessment||§ Working Capital Management||§ Management Reporting|
|§ ERP Systems
§ Payroll & Benefits Data Managing
|§ Fixed Asset Management
§ Accounts Reconciliation
|§ Financial Shared Services
§ Cash Flow Management
Shivaji University, Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India
Advance Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Management
Goa University, Goa, India
Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Management
Goa University, Goa, India
Small Industries Management Assistant’s Program
2017 - 2019
• Developed and managed the entire collection and receivables process and put controls in place. Cash collection increased to 200% for 1Q18 until 3Q18 and thereafter outstanding retained <$50K. Reduced petty cash hold by 95% thru compliant procedures. • Partnered with the department heads; providing insightful, value add analysis that drives business decisions and evolves business performance. Prepared sales reports outlining profitability for multiple products & services sold to customers. • Developed and maintained analytic reporting tools for accounting, sales, and marketing departments. Customized existing excel MIS reports, made them dynamic and user friendly. • Improved efficiencies in accounting processes that resulted in increased office support and aided in revitalizing the relationship between the corporation and our client. • Implemented new processes in account reconciliation between business and client resulting in an increase in the accuracy of financial reports.
2004 - 2017
GENERAL ELECTRIC INTERNATIONAL (GE)
• Managed Buy-To-Pay, Invoice-To-Cash, Payroll & Benefits, Fixed Assets and Record-To-Report, activities and liaised with auditors to ensure meeting deadlines on regulatory compliance. • Created and implemented changes to work assignments, methods, procedures to adhere with operational needs, improve accuracy and maximize accounts payable system efficiency. • Engaged closely with local performance teams to establish diverse operating departments in alignment with HQ team and own accounts reconciliation. • Maintained operation teams and engaged with executive leaders regarding project cost management. Improved stakeholder engagement and monitored month, quarterly, and year-end close activities. • Developed and generated dynamic financial reports and supervised day-to-day treasury functions. Allocated cash balanced, assessed forecasts, and maintained accounting staff. • Supervising team members, training, quarterly evaluations, goal setting, and mentoring. • Collated and analyzed three different ERP systems for supplier and customer databases of 1000 plus vendors and 300 plus customers, verified the retention need with different stakeholders and reduced the vendor list by 65% and customer list by 20%. Ensured the active vendors and customers are KYS/KYC compliant. Created a repository for all KYS/KYC documents. • Participated in annual, quarterly budgets and ensured the cost within the budgeted lines. If any variance in Direct/indirect cost or employee CTC costs, documented and explained to the management team during reviews. • Developed templates for different types to ensure quarterly, annual cost and revenue accruals are aligned with company’s compliant procedures to meet the deadlines. • Worked closely with internal and external auditors during audit processes and tax assessments. • Responsible for variance analysis of actuals monthly to forecast and budget forecast of annual shared service expenses. Implemented remedial measures, comparing budget Vs actual. • Flagged $1.5M excess payment to two vendors by the B2P team, followed up with the vendors as per the company procedures and arranged recovery within 30 days. • Evaded excess payroll payment of $264K by diligently checking the employee/contractors payroll by third party payroll processing centre. • Avoided tax penalties by maintaining strategic stakeholder engagement and standardizing processes in collaboration with outsourced partners and internal teams.
Honors & awards
• 2016 3Q GE Global Operations - MENAT SSA iSimplify challenge award • 2016 1Q Core Team Member Award – Completing successfully data migration from Navision to CCL legacy platform. • 2014 GE Power & Water Award – Distinguishing and noteworthy contribution to O&M CCGT plant KUWAIT. • 2011 GE Power & Water Award - Extraordinary support to O&M CCGT team and contribution to summer operations. • 2011 1Q GE EHS team award – Contribution to MENAT EHS & SCM • 2010 3Q GE Global Business Services Award – Service Delivery Excellence • 2008 3Q GE Level 6 Award - Continuous dedication, commitment, accountability and teamwork. • 2007 GE corporate EFS Customer Award - Effectively delivering outstanding leadership during execution of Baghdad South Power Project in IRAQ.